1. He has no core principles to espouse.
2. His campaign has no coherent message.
3. He’s been on every side of every issue so many times, and he’s told so many straight-up lies, that he needs to memorize everything he plans to say tonight, which, if he’s not extremely careful, will make him sound either a) robotic or b) confused.
4. His nervous little laugh does not inspire confidence.
5. His agenda is warmed-over Bush, which people hate. (Bill Clinton reminded everybody of this last month.)
6. His budget numbers don’t add up, which is why he hasn’t given them.
7. He can’t explain his “47%” remarks without lying about what he meant.
8. Most voters don’t like him, which will make it tricky for him to attack Obama, whom most voters do like.
9. He’s already promised some real zingers. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
10. Obama can score points simply by playing defense. Romney really can’t.