10. Muslim Sharia law poses a threat to America.
9. Tax cuts always increase revenue.
8. Homosexuality, like vegetarianism, is a lifestyle choice.
7. Ronald Reagan never raised taxes.
6. Creationism is as scientifically valid as evolution.
5. Barack Obama’s “big spending” is the main cause of our deficit. George W. Bush’s tax cuts, wars, prescription drug bills, and recessions are not a factor.
4. Climate change has nothing to with human activity.
3. The “free market” can solve all our health care problems.
2a. The terms “wealthy person” and “job creator” are synonymous. If you raise taxes on a wealthy person, by any amount and for any reason, then that person will stop creating jobs.
2b. Government jobs are not “real” jobs. Therefore, when unemployment is high, you should fire as many government workers (“bureaucrats”) as possible and return the savings to the job creators in the form of tax cuts. The job creators will then use the extra income to create more real jobs. (Of course, this is not to say that you shouldn’t reduce taxes on job creators when unemployment is low. See Belief 9.)
AND THE NUMBER ONE REPUBLICAN IDEA WITH NO BASIS IN REALITY:
1. It’s no big deal if we don’t raise the debt ceiling.
Every Republican presidential candidate (except Romney) must sign on to at least nine of these beliefs. 2a, 2b, 3, 5, 7 and 9 are mandatory for all.