- Paul Ryan didn’t bring a knife to this gunfight. He brought a loose-leaf Mead notebook, and Joe Biden ripped all the pages out.
- The strangely intimate sit-down format was good for Biden. It gave him a chance to answer Ryan’s rapid-fire lies in real time. (I was wondering how Joe was going to pull this off.)
- Ryan was totally lost on foreign policy. Man versus boy.
- On Social Security, Medicare, and the economy, Biden cleaned up some of the mess Barack Obama left last week.
- Democrats are going to be very happy tonight.
- Ryan drank so much water, I expected him to ask Martha Raddatz for a hall pass so he could go pee.
More comments tomorrow.